Tuesday, May 01, 2018

It Is Good To Have A Travel Bench

MsBubba wanted a storage shed and the other day while at Costco she spotted a prefab shed for an ok price, a little cheaper than I could build one and a little faster to erect as well. Not as good but good enough for the job.

I build the base fondation (in the background) yesterday and this morning started putting all the pieces together. That's the bad news, the good news; I needed to take the travel bench apart anyway to plane and sand off the making marks so I might as well set it up in the back garden to work on.

It has been a back saver. Everyone needs a portable bench even if you do not know you need one.


About half way through "insert tab UZY into RBV, secure using screw ACX" I was wishing I'd went ahead and just built from scratch. I expect we will start the building, putting the structure together, tomorrow.

ken
 

3 comments:

  1. Ah you gotta love Chinglish instructions..There is no F... way this ACF is fitting into XYZ !!!
    Good luck with it :-)

    Got plug for the bench, true, it is a back saver

    Bob, who roto tilled today and could have used some sort of back saver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      Everytime I say never again, but I'm just a Charlie Brown.

      Yep, as easy as the bench is to move around I expect it will see a lot of back garden and maybe even in house duty.

      There is a reason I live in the desert :-). Our ground would laugh at a Roto Tiller.

      ken

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:31 AM

    "Honey do shall be delivered the day before they were asked for".

    You never have enough benches... er clamps.
    I also see a picnic bench which is better than nothing (with the help of some clamps and a piece of 4"X 4" to be used as a kind of apron).

    ReplyDelete