Sunday, August 06, 2017

Base Together

The base is finished, it just needs trimming and clean up. I'm impressed, even without closing the box, slab not installed,  it is rock solid.

I still think I will paint it with a red undercoat and black over coat of milk paint, both to hide the numerous mistakes and mostly the butt ugly DF.

As I have posted before, the design and engineering of the little bench is impressive. From a wood workers view point it is a fun build with brindle joints, through mortises, and housed dovetails along with the tusk tenons and each joint is there because it is the best joint for purpose. If I had all the time in the world to think about and design a portable bench I don't think I could come up with a better design.

Better construction for sure but design not likely.

BTW, the next one will be better and  it is such a fun build I expect there will be several more.



ken

No comments:

Post a Comment