Saturday, July 02, 2016

Update

The electro-conversion went well and I'm back in a normal rhythm. I posted earlier that I planed to have the right rotator cuff repaired in October. After several days of increasing problems sleeping and using my right arm I booked the procedure for the morning of 07/11/2016.

I expect few things will be done of blogging interest for the next month or three. Shop time will be limited to one arm jobs such as sitting on a shop stool with tea or whisky and looking at all the tools. At least I have some tools to enjoy. BTW I've emailed So with a request for a Okudo or Shinden Suita JNat. Anyway I'll have something to look forward to.

Speaking of JNats and sharpening Brian Holcombe  has a very good Blog and currently has an excellent post on sharpening with JNats vs. synthetic water stones. Check out both his Blog and current JNat post, both are worth the time.

See you guys on down the road,

ken

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are on the mend, take it easy, one-arm bandit :-)
    Catch you on the flip,side
    Bob and Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob,

    Wishing you and Rudy the best, thanks for the photos.

    ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Ken! I wish you well on your procedure, I'm a bit of a patchwork myself so I can empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brian,

    It, your blog, does a good job of showing some of the differences between JNats and synthetic stones. I know there is no magic stone but sometimes it seems there could be. A little extra time isn't a bad trade off.

    ken

    ReplyDelete