Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back From The Fall Bad Axe Saw Sharpening Class

As much as I hate airline travel, and this trip didn't change my feelings, the saw sharpening class put on by Bad Axe was worth the two days of TSA Steerage hell.

Mark covered the basics right after introductions and coffee then it was straight to hands on. Starting with how to take a back saw apart and clean it. We went through all the stages of building/restoring hand saws, all hands on, with either Mark or one of the guys watching and advising.

La Crosse is a beautiful little town on the River and Mark is a great host, if you are interested in saw maintenance it is worth the weekend for the course.

There were a couple of last minute cancelations so instead of the usual six there were only three in the class.


2 comments:

  1. Dude! I missed it. Thought you were gonna give me a holler when you were in town.

    Mark is a great guy and he teaches a class as quality as his saws. (That's high quality). I'm glad you found La Crosse to be a nice place. I feel fortunate to live here and look on the river and bluffs everyday.

    It's probably just as well. I spent all day Saturday salvaging beams from a barn that'd been slotted to be burned down. I was a sore son of a gun by Saturday night.

    Hopefully we'll have the chance to meet further on down the line.

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek,

    I wish we could have connected, next time. It was a good class and you have a beautiful setting in which to live and work. I don't envy the salvaging but it is hard to beat the wood after all the work is done.

    Mark was finishing up a new large tenon saw for me while I was there, it shipped yesterday.

    Take care and let me know if you ever make it to the desert,

    ken

    ReplyDelete