Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Early AM

Started the fire in the pit at 2100 last night, by 0500 this morning the pit temp had settled to slightly over 200F. Here is a photo...real exciting isn't it :-).



I put the "rub" on the brisket and had it in the pit by 0530 and here is the way it looked at 0600. Now all that needs to be done is to monitor the pit temp, keeping it between 200F and 215F and adding a hunk of Oak as needed. I expect the brisket will be done around 1400 to 1500 this afternoon.


I'll throw some chicken on later and add a few links when the brisket is almost done. I could forgo the chicken and even the links but.....SWMBO has her requests. 

The beans are cooked, I will make a BBQ sauce for the table, the meat will be served "dry" so you can add sauce if you like. Make the Slaw, cut a few sweet onions and my job is done. It doesn't get much better.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00 AM

    I put a 9 pound pork shoulder on the smoker last night about 11:30. Straight hickory pellets at about 180 degrees with my own rub mixture. I've done pulled pork enough to be confident that it will come out perfect, but I've never been able to get a brisket right.

    The pork should hit temperature sometime around 2:00 this afternoon, and I'll wrap it in foil and stick in in a cooler to rest until dinnertime.

    My wife asked this morning what we're having with the pulled pork. BBQ sauce of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MsOK stole some of my BBQ sauce to use with some pulled pork she made this AM....I don't know what's wrong with that woman, she fixing all the wrong stuff for a Texas BBQ dinner. Good thing she's a sweetheart :-).

    ReplyDelete