Monday, July 28, 2014

Done

Not really, but the slabs are in place and the face vise is installed. I've checked for wind and there is none. Tonight or tomorrow AM I will move the old bench to its new place, the new bench to its place where the old bench was, peg the slabs to the base and Spax the slabs to the upper stretcher. I may take a day or two to decide where to trim the slabs. Drill a few 3/4" dog holes, install a shelf on the lower stretchers and make a fill/tool holder for the split. Sometime later it will get a coat of BLO and a few dings. But most of all, it's time to get back to making furniture, the back log is long.

It looks smaller that the old bench in this view but is not, it is over 10mm wider and of course longer right now. It is 25mm or so lower.



One more from the other side:



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Oops, my previous comment arrived too late.
    Sylvain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvan,

    That was about what I did. I moved the base close, flipped the slab right side up and slid one end then the other onto the base. Then it was just a matter of getting the tenons lined up with the mortices.

    ken

    ReplyDelete