Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Damn I Have a Flat Forehead

My only excuse is most tenon cheeks I cut are not the size of the ones on the work bench. Without thinking when I went to saw off the tenon cheeks I did it as usual. Secure the leg to the bench, set the saw in the knife line and start sawing across the cheek....As posted earlier: Wrong move Bubba. So this morning I did it as if sawing the tenon, start the kerf across the cheek then down the cheek to a 45 across, flip the leg and do the other side down the cheek to a 45 across and then saw out the pyramid in the middle. Works like a charm.

I still have some chisel work to do on the first leg but that's life. Some day I may have to do something about the flat spot on my forehead.


2 comments:

  1. Have you got stooped shoulders too? If not blame it on Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news for the paring is there are good lands to use as a reference surface, the bad....There is a heck of a lot of wood to remove on a couple of the shoulders. By the time I finish I will look like Bubba, figure at least a half dozen sharpening's to finish if I use the Ashley Iles.

    ReplyDelete