Thursday, May 08, 2014

Tools For Working Wood.

TFWW Is a first class operation. They are a source for many excellent woodworking tools, some they produce, some they encouraged the maker to produce, and some they are the only source in the states. I use tools from all the categories in my shop almost every day. The Gramercy 9" dovetail saw is my go to saw for dovetails, their 12" bow saw is perfect for sawing the waste on dovetails and works much better than the more expensive Knew Concepts coping or fret saws. The Ashley Iles bench chisels are first class and a bargain and the one tool I would have the hardest time finding a good replacement for are the Ray Iles English mortice chisels.

Like I said TFWW is a great source for tools but they also stand behind what they sell. One of the arms of my 12" bow saw split the other day. I emailed TFWW with this photo of the saw.




I asked if it was warranty or if not to sent me the part number and a price so I could order a replacement arm. This is the email I received the next day (my email was sent on the weekend).

" Dear Ken,


sorry to hear of your difficulty. We are sending you a replacement Bow Saw Cheek today. Please let me know if it does not arrive by next Thursday.
Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance in the future. Thanks a lot for choosing Tools for Working Wood.

All the best."

It doesn't get better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment